 Off-Topic / Debate / 13722
    Re: Violence created by presence of guns? (was: Gotta love Oracle...) —Dave Schuler
   (...) But the issue is "close quarters." A gun is more or less equally deadly (other than matters of aiming) at a range of ten feet or of one foot; both can therefore be considered close quarters for a gun-wielder, but it's hard to disarm someone (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Violence created by presence of guns? (was: Gotta love Oracle...) —James Simpson
   (...) Exactly my point. I'd rather face, within my striking range, a mugger with a gun than with a knife. (...) Clearly all that you say above is correct. Again, my point was that in hand-to- hand combat (as I define mugging), you often have a (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)