 Off-Topic / Debate / 13636
Re: PA censoring journalists again, but repudiating bin Laden...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 07:45:51 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:
Israel is bad Dan. Israel is very bad. They are not quite as bad as the
Taliban.

Really? I'd say a bunch of foreigners invading, terrorizing and running out
the native population in the name of religion is pretty bad. Bulldozing
those people's homes--pretty bad. Mortar attacks, helicopter gunship
attacks, cluster bombs, phosphorous bombs, vacuum bombs, naplam bombs, mines
disguised as toys or candy--all pretty bad. Rounding up and torturing, often
murdering Palestinian "suspects"--bad. Thousands of civilians killed--bad.
Thousands more civilians, mostly children, crippled for life--bad. Electing
former terrorists like Arik Sheinerman (Ariel Sharon) as PM's--very bad. I
readily conceed that the Israeli government does not treat it's own citizens
the way the Taliban treat theirs, but it certainly treats the Palestinians
in a manner that makes the Taliban look like Snow White.

I can't agree with your last statement. I know were I would rather live (as
a native).

Although it is amazing, Sharon has been elected. *His* people can
remove him without bloodshed.

And the saddest thing is that Israelis don't want to remove him. I guess
Israelis actually PREFER having sleazy, filthy, murderous dirtbags as
leaders. What a shame.

I agree with you on this last comment. I just can't understand it. People
seem to forget that his clumsy actions actually started violent cycle which
has now lasted more then a year.

I have got mixed views on why the USA supports Israel. Why do you think it
is so?

Because Americans in general are simple by nature and just want to live
happily and be left alone. But we are often trivial and easily duped into
believing in false causes and the Zionists in the American media and
government have maintained vigilence in portraying Israel as the "victims"
who just want to "live in peace," a likely story that would make a cat
laugh. Because the Jews were victims of the murderous Nazis, the Zionists
used world sympathy as a bargaining chip for their theft of Palestinian
land. Of course the ignorant retort of Israel would be that they bought that
land fair and square from the British. Well, I don't believe in buying
things that were stolen from others but since that's how America was made,
it's hard to say much. The Zionist media played this perfectly, even going
so far as to call Jews "settlers," as if recalling the America's days of the
wagon trails and battles with "savage" Indians.

Another big reason I think America supports Israel is because American
culture is strongly influenced by one form or another of Christianity which
buys into the Bibilical mumbo-jumbo of Israel being the "promised land" for
the Jews.

Indeed. I once read that the search for archaeological relics of what you
call "Biblical mumbo-jumbo" has destroyed or cast aside many precious
Palestinian artefacts. Apparently museums in “west” have little interest in
understanding Palestinian culture.

Scott A

Maybe 3,000 years ago that was the case, but to have that attitude
now is absurd, even more so since it's non-Semetic European Jews (largely of
Turkic stock) fraudulently claiming ancestral rights to the land. However, a
born-again Christian might as well be born-again Jew, especially since
Christianity (that is, Romanized, European Christianity) is still at odds
with the Arab world because of the Crusades.

The most ironic thing of all is that Christians support Israel even though
Jews wholly reject Jesus as Christ the Saviour and it was Jews who turned
Jesus over to the Romans so that he'd die on the cross. I am baffled by
Christians supporting a religion that rejects their prophet, all His
disciples, and is basically still waiting for a Messiah. As bad as the
Zionist media would like to portray them, Muslims regard Jesus as God's holy
messenger and espose Jesus's teachings of tolerance.

So I am still wondering why America should support Israel...

Dan