 Off-Topic / Debate / 13582
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:09:12 GMT

I believe I have the right to travel by means of an automobile.

Do you have the right to pollute by means of an automobile? :)

Arguably, no. Not on a rights based calculus.

But see Friedman (1) who argues that rights based calculus breaks down at
the edges (asserting your right not to ingest one molecule of extra CO2 due
to a car near but not on your property is a bit tough to pull off).

1 - can't thank you enough for the ref to that, by the way