 Off-Topic / Debate / 13475
  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

Yes, the national ID card will be used with some effectiveness to fight international crime and terrorism. But in the midst of that fight our politicians will remain politicians. They will still fall in love with power and they will still propose (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) I don't think that time will really come. As the laws move that way, the underground economy -- which is already substantial -- will blossom and expand from the margins into the mainstream. Further, if such legislation were ennacted, I think (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)