 Off-Topic / Debate / 13365
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:48:57 GMT

Why
seek the extradition of an individual without showing any evidence to
support it?

Who are you referring to here? bin Laden as has been suggested here by some
before? If bin Laden...

From AP (http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011002/ts/attacks_bush_13.html)

At NATO (news - web sites) headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, the alliance's
secretary general, Lord Robertson, said the United States presented ``clear
and compelling evidence'' tying bin Laden and his al-Qaida organization to
the terror attacks.

``It is clear that all roads lead to al-Qaida and pinpoint Osama bin Laden
as having been involved in it,'' Robertson said Tuesday after a classified
briefing given to NATO's ruling council by U.S. Ambassador at Large Francis
X. Taylor.

- end -

So either Lord Robertson was fooled by rigged evidence, or he is in on the
rigging, or your assertion (if it was about bin Laden) is no longer valid.
Did I omit any possibilities?

Aside:

I note that evidence can be faked, of course, and I'd prefer to see it for
myself, but I do understand the argument that it may be operationally
necessary to keep it classified. For a while, anyway. It better be revealed
pretty soon, though.

++Lar