 Off-Topic / Debate / 12918
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 23:45:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jason J. Railton writes:
<snip lots of mischaracterisation by Jason and myself>

Let's try to see if we can find the common ground here.

You and Ross agree with me and others that the terrorists who perpretrated
this attack ought to be identified and brought to justice. We just differ on
what that implies and how one would go about it.

Seems a good summation from my POV.

I agree with you and Ross that we need to reexamine US policy and reevaluate
who we give support to and who we don't. We just differ on when this ought
to occur timewise (and in some cases, in what direction it ought to move, I
suspect).

No probs there either. I'd prefer not to discuss directions, as I have fairly
limited knowledge of America's foreign policy. But I think it's fair to assume
that someone's pretty annoyed with it right now, so I say the sooner it can be
examined, the better.

ROSCO