 Off-Topic / Debate / 12837
    Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Ian Warfield
   (...) Coming together to help those affected by the attack is a good thing. It fosters a humble, generous spirit. (...) The response would probably not have been as dramatic or as widespread. Sometimes it takes a shattering tragedy to shock people (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Mark de Kock
   Okay, I'm going to jump onto this one just this once... (...) No God in there if you're not a religious person. (...) And all good religious people know this and STILL need this tragical event to wake them up? (...) Whe quoting the bible, everyone (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Mercy? (Was Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer) —Ian Warfield
   (...) Granted. (...) Yes, unfortunately. Jesus warns against complacency and losing heart. Being human, we fall short all the time. It could be for the nonreligious people also. A tragedy like this forces many to reevaluate their priorities in life (...) (23 years ago, 22-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)