 Off-Topic / Debate / 1250
Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 14:21:20 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

However, a 100% jump is a very hard jump to achieve, even in a jobseekers
market like now. You better have a really really good story as to why you are
so underpaid.

I got a job proposal (which I'm starting on Monday), and that had a 50% jump.
But I agree that a 100% jump is pretty steep.

There are several reasons that I feel that I got:
1) Current programmers are focused on other things, and need somebody to do
    work that they don't need to worry about.
2) I currently have an office, and will be going to a cubicle/shared office.
3)  There had to be some incentive to leave my current job that I really like, and
    get along with other programmers here.  (who knows, they might go over to
    the other company)

--
Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc.
mailto:jorgensen@bankoe.moc  <-- reverse moc