 Off-Topic / Debate / 12017
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:44:39 GMT

The police could not move in on Randy whats-his-name for weeks/months as
there were children were there - that is why they held off. Likewise with
Waco, if no children were there, I think the "Feds" would have moved much
sooner. Just like Saddam, both these groups used kids to protect their
position.

You're raving.  The Weavers didn't hold off the agents for any real time, and
at Mt.Carmel,

They had them under surveillance for weeks - as they could not make a raid
due to the kids. RW and his son bumped into a couple of officials/feds/cops
maintaining the surveillance equipment - that is how it flared up (ie RW son
& dog was shot in an exchange of fire).

they didn't storm the Branch Davidians because they didn't want
to die.  If your logic were correct, then why did they decide to assault the
Weavers when kids were present and why didn't they assault the Branch Davidians
as soon as the kids were clear?

Were kids not in waco when was finally raided?

Scott A

Your claim that they were using the children as human shields is the same as
claiming that _I_ am doing so because I have a child in my house too.  That's
nuts.

Chris