 Off-Topic / Debate / 11992
  Re: A Brave New World

(...) I'm willing to go with "really funny". But since I've had the "privilege" of riding in a taxi driven by a Cockney I know that for the accent to be even close to correct it has to be completely unintelligible to an American. (...) It's a (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A Brave New World

(...) And up until then, you assumed this trait was limited to cabbies in NYC? (Hey - I'm only taking the line I've been fed here). P.S. to everyone else - not everyone in the UK has a cockney accent either. (...) Oh, right. We group geography and (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)