 Off-Topic / Debate / 1191
Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:04:17 GMT

Sproaticus wrote:

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote:
OK, so I got used to l.0-t.d being the big time sink of the day, and now
I miss it.  Come on guys, say something stu^h^h^h controversial.
OK, I'll start.  Let's see...

All homosexuals have the right to own nuclear weapons.

Works for me; Clinton's already in the White House...

And that works for you?  Sheesh.  And I said homo-, not over-.

Libertarians have all the right answers and no clue how to accomplish anything.

Also fine by me, considering what we Implementors are told about
Libertarians.  ...And about the Illuminatti.  ...And about the Munchkins of
Zurich.  ...And about Betty Crocker and the Boy Scouts.

How about the Robins?  Do you know about them?  If you live someplace
where robins are indiginous, I challenge you to do an experiment:

go outside and locate a robin.  When you do, it will probably be
watching you (recording and sending back to home base).  At some point
before you become overly distressed about being watched, it will appear
to stop watching you.  99% of the time, you can look around and find
another one that has shifted attention to you.  This will go on for just
about ever.  I haven't worked out all the details, but there's somethign
going on.  Something sick.

I'm your superior because I built a working DVD player from my left-over
technic elements.

I wrote an AI routine in 6502 machine language, using only 1's, that beats
everyone at jai-alai.

Hey, I'm the olympic Jai-alai gold medalist from 1978.  Bring it on.

perl sucks.

OKAY!  THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS!  GRRR!  !@#!@#!

...Well, okay it does, but it sucks even less than COBOL.

Well, sure, but so does space.

Which reminds me: does anyone use Python?

I use a Python to clean my aquariums.  (see
http://www.petwhse.com/webstore/webstore.nsf/(id)/55D2?OpenDocument )

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks