 Off-Topic / Debate / 11820
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:58:42 GMT

I note you skipped the part about the morons firing into the air not getting
into the stats.  :-)

I was trying to skip right to the meat of the matter.  Not trying to avoid it.

And those instances you mention weren't reported and so weren't part of the
stats, either.

Maybe.  That certainly isn't a given.  For one thing, statistics often are
compiled such that they attempt to represent under reported aspects.  Since the
statute of limitations has fled, I can admit to having kept a stolen .32
revolver under the seat of my car for a couple years as a teen.  If the
compiled statistics seek accounts from people like me and extrapolate their
findings, they may well account for such events.  We would have to delve into
the methodology of the study in order to resolve this.

Chris