 Off-Topic / Debate / 11721
Re: Handgun Death Rate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:34:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

I say to hell with the NRA and just ban all handguns and automatic weapons.

<doing a little jig> Bring it on baby.  There is one and only one way to bring
the next American revolution on and that's to outlaw a significant class of
weaponry.  I'll tell you what...you'll be the first against the wall.

The right to bear arms needs to be specific

Agreed.  It should more specifically include every conceivable weapon.

These NRA bastards don't seem to understand that it's called "amendment"
because it can be "amended."

Actually, that's wrong.  The word amendment means that it is a change to
something.

Make handguns and automatic weapons illegal.

That's just what we need!  Another class of tools (like drugs) made illegal so
that an entire class of people can be disenfranchised.  The blood will run in
torrents when you manage to get such a law passed.

Chris

(Whether or not you were joking, my answers stand.)