 Off-Topic / Debate / 11607
Re: Around we go again...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:06:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Duane Hess writes:

Court order?

http://news.excite.com/news/r/010711/08/odd-children-dc

From the article:

'Dissenting Judge Ann Bradley said the sentence violated the "basic human
right" to have children.'

Wasn't aware of such a right.

I am, if we share an understanding of what "basic" means. Even if we do not,
there is this : Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Article 16. (I
expect Duane will contest both. ;/)

However, the paranoid in me tells me that this is the answer you expected,
and perhaps there in a contrary view?

Scott A

Who's got her email address, maybe she could
present her reasons for that viewpoint here and settle (1) a previous debate!

1 - hahaha, like any debate here ever settles. It just goes dormant.

++Lar