 Off-Topic / Debate / 11127
Re: Now: women and tools!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 19:09:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Katie Dokken writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

On an absolutely stuck jar,
my mom had this adjustable wrenchylike thing. It was so effective that I
have two, one for the kitchen and one for the hobby table (to open paint
jars).

Ah, women and tools.  My favorite subject.  I have several of the adjustable
wrenches.  Though I always use a screwdriver to pop open paint can lids, but
it probably depends on what kind of paint can you're opening.  I'm
contemplating a new drill bit purchase at the moment.  On one hand, its a new
drill bit!  On the other hand, my logical side keeps asking me if I really need
yet another new drill bit.... Kind of like the age old question, do I really
need more brick?

:-)

Katie

Go for the cobalt bits. (I think they're cobalt - can't remember) They are
the ones with the gold color to them (or maybe that's the true color of
money). I have a whole set and they work well on most everything, wood,
metal, whatever. The only time I've had to replace them is when my last set
was stolen. A full set is around $100. It's expensive, but worth it if you
can afford it.

-Duane