 Off-Topic / Debate / 11088
Re: boulders on shoulders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:40:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.test, Duane Hess writes:

As I interpreted it, and mind you it could be a case of snippage, she was
responding to "A failing on minorities and women to understand the
Libertarian message?". She seemed to be pointing out that she is a woman and
does get the message. It just so happens that she has other things taking
priority over an active role in the LP, some of them being sexual bias which
is still common in todays American society.

  As demonstrated by the +/- 300,000 votes the LP has typically garnered in
presidential elections, many people apparently place the LP at a lower
priority than other matters!
  In any case, Bruce's point, if I may be so bold, was not to assert that
women "don't get" the Libertarian message--he was asking why women and
minorities don't participate in the LP en masse, and he was asking
ironically if it's because women and minorities "don't get" it.  The
implication is not that the LP message not hard for women and minorities to
"get", but rather that women and minorities *do* get it, and don't buy it.
  Am I close to the mark, Bruce?

     Dave!