 Off-Topic / Debate / 1106
Re: constitutional discussion (was:Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 20:11:48 GMT

Richard Dee wrote:

<SNIP>

of someone who has moved to the states with their families as
a child? My observations of some people in that situation is
that they are more "American" than many 2nd- or more generation
Americans!

Yup.  Dumb old paradigm thing.  Why not let Mexicans (or whomever) be
president so long as they'll manage the company (er, country) appropriately.

OK, I don't agree with you on gun control, but I agree with this statement.
I don't see any difference between running the country (government) and
running a business.

One issue that comes to mind is a top heavy business. If the management is
not trimmed down to a workable level, the business is probably going to
crash from a communications breakdown or over spending.

The current flap about Chinese espionage is just one example of our
goverments communications breakdown. According to the media, the spying
has been going on for nearly 20 years. Various departments knew about the
evidence, but either failed to act, or failed to forward the information
to the proper agency.

If I were to start swiping trade secrets from my company, I would be
canned immediately. I wouldn't have 20 years to perfect my pilfering.

I won't go into the overspending issue, since I'm sure that it has been
beaten into the ground already. Just suffice it to say that I wish I could
give myself a pay raise.

Duane