 Off-Topic / Debate / 11053
Re: Now: Women Was: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:04:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Katie Dokken writes:

If the question is meaningless, then why is the Libertarian Party almost
exclusively white male?  I'm not meaning that as a personal attack - I just
am curious if you have an opinion as to why.  A failing on minorities and
women to understand the Libertarian message?
Bruce

This is a good example of poor snipping.  Let me restore the salient portion
to the above (before my name, immediately follwing the rest):

"A fear by them that they
*think* they *do* understand the Libertarian message (it's legit for
businesses to discriminate based on race, creed, and sex)?"

Your entire response below simply makes no sense and isn't worth bothering
to answer because by artful snipping you misrepresent what I had to say.  I
was trying to elucidate comment and thoughts, not claim that I the one and
only answer.  In fact, my position is the latter comment that you snipped,
not the former that you retained.

That ain't a chip on your shoulder, it's a boulder!  :-)

Bruce

Us "women" do understand the message.  You think I have time to be active in
the Libertarian party?  I'm too danged busy fighting all the other stereotypes
out there, such as, I'm supposed to be the size of Kate Moss and all the other
starving women pictured on magazines, I'm supposed to be some major "career"
woman at the same time fighting up the ladder to be CEO of some firm, yet I'm
also supposed to be Susie Homemaker a la, that nasty Martha Stewart?  I'm
supposed to be "soccer mom" and a bazillion other stereotypes I'm fighting
every single day just to try and be me!  I can't even shop in the hardware
store in peace without getting nailed by some male jerk wanting to help a
"little lady" like myself, the inference being that a woman wouldn't know a
thing about hardware or wood.  Let alone all the males that think I shouldn't
play with Trains or Lego.  And you have the nerve to complain that there aren't
more women in the LP?

I tell you what.  I'll volunteer for the LP starting the day that I don't have
to work my butt off at some glass ceilinged job, spend 4 hours commuting each
day, and then have some lazy ass man sitting at home expecting me to feed and
walk the dogs, feed him, clean up after him, entertain him, hear about "his"
day, and then have time and energy left over for "extra activities" (ie: sex),
ya, that will be the day I  have time to participate in the LP.  As far as the
LP message goes, I get it just fine.

Katie