 Off-Topic / Debate / 11029
Re: Sanctions (was: Libertarian Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:24:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Daniel Jassim writes:

Hey, I don't want to fight Tom or anybody, Chris.

Well, it kind of sounded (in two different notes) like you were inviting him to
"step outside" about it.  I'm not used to that kind of attitude.  I am
occasionally so put off by a note that I feel an urge toward violence.  That is
an immaturity that I sometimes have to deal with.  But I _never_ even allude to
resorting to some kind of physical "solution."

I see what you mean. Physical solutions are not my thing. I was hoping that
my statement would be a reality check of sorts. Either way, his crude
behavior toward me will remain on-line as far as I'm concerned.

If Tom feels he can
constantly take a nasty tone with me on-line, that's his choice. It doesn't
impress me.

Me either.  I value Tom's input so much that I ignore is charming style.
When Mike Stanley contributed here, it was the same with him.  But I could
understand why you might not.

Yes, I always welcome Tom's input and I don't think I've ever criticized or
condemned his views. I am disgusted with his approach toward me, that's all.

If he says he's this way in person, he's welcome to come try
this act in person with me. I'm not seeking him out for a fight but I'm not
rolling over either.

But why would you even say that?  Why up the ante that way?

Yes, I apologize. I know I could have ignored him entirely. However,
patience has it's limits especially when someone feels insults are
acceptable, not that he hurt my feelings in any way. I am more disgusted
that he thinks he can get away with it. So, I reminded him of his limits
with me. It's his choice if he wants to test those limits. I'm not seeking
him out.

Dan