 Off-Topic / Debate / 10935
Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 19:52:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

This is ploughed ground, but I'll revisit it. First, I think there would
be a good amount of support for schools for the underpriviledged. In
fact, in a free market, companies ought to want to support schools for
all. Why? The more educated your populace is, the larger and more
productive your market.

That's not a bad assessment, but I think it applies more at the national
level than at the level of any sub-national business or industry.  Ploughed
ground, to be sure, but to date the Libertopian argument hasn't been
convincingly put forth.

The world is changing, regardless, though. Rather arrogant of them, eh, not
to care what conclusions we come to here? Peace and freedom, in general, are
winning.

++Lar