 Off-Topic / Debate / 10842
Re: Libertarian Propaganda
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:52:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:

Harry Browne (the LP presidential candidate) endorsed a policy of
assassination, which I fully agree with. It makes a lot of sense if you want
to punish dictators without hurting civilians.

  I hadn't realized that Libertarians endorsed state-sponsored killing of
anyone, which would be the most likely source of this kind of assassination
attempt (other than attempts internal to that nation.)  In addition, Harry
Browne is neither a paragon of virtue nor a particularly straight arrow by
which to judge policies.  That's not a critique of Libertopia or even the
Libertarian Party; it's a criticism of Browne the individual.

     Dave!