 Off-Topic / Debate / 1069
Re: TPM Soundtrack tracks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 May 1999 19:07:41 GMT

On Tue, 18 May 1999 18:05:18 GMT, Tom McDonald uttered the following
profundities...
I have worked in radio for over sixteen years now, so I know a little about
this. I welcome relevant questions/comments/criticisms regarding this
music issue. But just so you know, I don't read off-topic.debate much, so if
you want me to debate, try and leave the subject line intact. :)  Also, other
than music, I don't debate copyright law. It's too gooey.

I'd read somewhere, about a test case (either here or in the
US), that individuals can copy and use extracts for their own
use. It involved (before MP3) distribution of 15-second song
and music samples. Someone complained about availability of
the samples, and the case was overturned. Something involving
the copyright applying to the whole piece, not the extract.
And as there was only one extract, it wasn't possible to put
many 15 second extracts together to gain the whole piece.
Something like that anyway. Sorry, no references.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/