 Off-Topic / Debate / 10651
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 20:23:43 GMT

Is it not better that US food is produced in the US?

Yes, we are WAY better off producing food in our own country rather than
contributing to foolish exploitation and environmentally unsound
agricultural practices in other nations. Though we may benefit econimically,
we are helping to destroy the earth. Look at the destruction of the rain
forests for the sake of beef cattle. Pure stupidity since the rain forests
are the "lungs" of the earth. However, greed and gluttony prevail over
common sense.

We Americans looove our bacon and cheeseburgers, it's the "American way" but
it's catching up to us. Heart disease, obesity, and colon cancer are at
alarming rates and it's all linked to the garbage we eat. I say go
vegetarian! It's better for the earth and better for people :)

Dan