 Off-Topic / Debate / 1049
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 16:45:03 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
On Wed, 26 May 1999 05:25:14 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

Never heard of a bank accepting unrolled coins.

You must be younger than you seem.

Hrmmmm....  Thanks, I think?  I wonder how young I seem?  :)

Policy has varied widely on this burning issue, but it used to be that
*most* banks would roll coins for account holders.

Well, my bank sucks.  I've only had accounts at ... 3 banks in my
life, though, so I have limited experience.  Wells Fargo, Nations
Bank, and now First American.

Soon I will move most of my banking over to my credit union.  Not only
do I get more services for less money ("free" stuff), I just kinda
like the credit union concept.  I'll keep the FA account mainly
because the PC Banking is so much more advanced, there.  It allows me
to pay for all of my Lego purchases (and lots more) electronically,
saving me time and postage.  It's also reachable via the Internet,
whereas the credit union's version is an old-style modem pool.

Which reminds me, if I'm going to access it at home I'll have to grab
a modem from work and hook it up to one of my computers.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide