 Off-Topic / Debate / 1043
Re: New Web Page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 02:55:01 GMT

<374B3CBA.BCA00FF5@voyager.net> <slrn7kmk19.3vq.cjc@VADER.NS.UTK.EDU>

Mike Stanley wrote:

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:

You're willing to GIVE UP 8 cents on the dollar? Yeesh. Buy one of those
machines and roll your own. They may look cheap but they're worth it.
200 in coins and you've paid for it.

I squander my money but that one seems like a no brainer.

Well, if the machine actually works and doesn't require a lot of
intervention from me it would be a good deal.  If it requires a lot of
TLC then it becomes a waste of my time.  Dunno, I've spent hours
rolling 40 or 50 dollars worth of coins before.  It takes me a couple
minutes to pour that into the machine.  I generally tend to think of
my time as worth more than $5-6 per hour.

Now if I had kids that I could give the task to I'd probably feel
differently, but I don't.

Do you have one of the cheap, mass-market machines?  I know the
higher-end ones that people who run arcades and the like are high
quality, but I don't want to spend that much money.

My bank just does this for free.  Is that rare or something?  Why not
just take it in occasionally when you're going in anyway?

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA