 Off-Topic / Debate / 10355
Re: Rolling Blackouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 12:36:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:

Why don't you do what the Soviets did in Murmansk?  To run
the power grid, they hooked up the nuclear submarines to the
grid to keep the power stable and affordable.

Oh sure, I'll just go right out and hook up my nuclear sub. Oh wait, I don't
own one.

Are you crazy?  The 2nd Amendment guarantees that you can have one!
What's wrong with you?!  8^)

It doesn't guarantee that you can afford one...merely that _if_ you can, then
it's legal to own.

Guess I'll just keep bending over for the power company.

"Let me control the power supply, and I don't care who makes the laws."

"Who runs Bartertown?"

Chris