 Off-Topic / Debate / 10296
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 09:17:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Powell writes:

You are missing the point! It has nothing to do with defence. It has two
objectives:
1. Start a "new" arms race and bankrupt China.
2. Move large amounts of money from US taxpayers to US shareholders.

Everything else is salesman’s banter.

Scott A

Na, Dave! has it right, all it is going to do is save the attacking country ~
10 billion dollars or so, on ICBM research as well as Special Weapons
(Gas/Bugs/Nukes).

Very good point. However, both arguments assume there is the real risk of an
attack.

It's a farce.  An expensive farce, that I don't think will bankrupt China, and
as you say, will transfer a large $$$ to the shareholders.

I doubt it will bankrupt China too, especially given the amount of $$ the
west is pumping into it!

Scott A

James Powell