 Off-Topic / Debate / *6301 (-5)
  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) Yes, but that was because minifigs, macrofigs, or any type of figs didn't exist then. At least for me. :-O (...) Here is the crux of the problem. The lack of diversity in minifigs IS a political message. You may agree with that message, you (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message news:Fz4qw1.FyI@lugnet.com... (...) draw (...) that (...) (for (...) Viable alternative. In all sincerity, I have watched LUGNET for the past few days be filled with what I feel is senseless (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) No one in any argument here has suggested that skin color has any effect on a person's human-ness. (...) **snip of several recent, anecdotal examples** These are fine, of course, and it's great to see that Lego has opened its marketing to a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

(...) A lot of people have said this, but I'd be interested to see them actually draw lines and point out these so-called "factions". There seem to be only two that really exist- those who are discussing something they find interesting (for whatever (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Concerns with Racial Attitudes and Lego

Hey everybody... After reading a few of the highlights from the recent debates on adding different color minifigs into the Lego product line, I thought I'd offer a few words. I have a major concern with the discussions and the attitude portrayed. (...) (24 years ago, 11-Aug-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact