 Off-Topic / Debate / *3681 (-5)
  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <3887351c.71898961@l...et.com>... (...) I am glad you are familiar enough with it to point it out. You are right. It happens, that in my parts, in speaking, we usually leave out the "not". Similar to those horrible (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Corporations can take away anything we allow them to take away, in the same way that government can take away anything we allow them to. Examples? I don't see why they're necessary since we're so far into the realm of theoretical, but ok. Coal (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

Richard, (...) Well, I think money (Which is a form of trading) has been around since the beginning of mankind. If man has nothing to trade with, which is 100% tax, I don't think it would work. I would that would happen, but we will see. (...) Well, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Game Theory and the like...

(...) I saw a program once on game theory as it applied to this sort of thing. Fascinating (to me), though my background in such matters is limited, and my knowledge of statistics amounts to knowing that I will *probably* be able to catch the bus (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) To be fair, I have to point out that Prisoners Dilemma requires participants to be unable to communicate - if you don't know what the other person is going to do then the safest strategy is the one that gives less consistent drawbacks. Even if (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact