 Off-Topic / Debate / *24436 (-5)
  Re: Some good news for a change, maybe?

(...) Yaay! (URL) Civilian pilot, civilian ship... Tito was a passenger on a government ship, so I'd say only quasi civilian. Cost for Tito's ride/stunt == cost for the entire Rutan SpaceShipOne program (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) Perhaps if MM was addressing Bradbury's work, which I believe isn't the case. Basically, MM merely ripped off the title for punch/pun effect, and so is profitting at the expense of Bradbury's IP. As an aside, are you asserting that Farenheit (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Fair use and allusion?

(...) If I knew (URL) how to spell,> I would have gotten (URL) link right.> Sorry about that! (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Fair use and allusion?

Ray Bradbury is fired up about (URL) title of Michael Moore's forthcoming film.> Regardless of your opinion of Moore or of Bradbury, it seems to me that this complaint is largely based on nothing. Bradbury's (URL) 451> is a copyrighted work, to be (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Bad day for individual rights

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:Hzo4Gy.11KG@lugnet.com... (...) reading the (...) I guess the 2nd decision is more of a state's rights issue. But it should be an individual rights issue. Why do state or federal (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact