 Off-Topic / Debate / *13241 (-10)
  Re: What we can do... (my 2 cents)

(...) Agree. I would suggest that the Arab influence on western culture is best noted in Iberian cultures (Spain and Portugal), since the Arab presence on the Peninsula lasted some 781 years. In fact, it ended shortly before Columbus reached America (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What we can do...

(...) Yup. (...) Well, how about Arab History Month? The Arabs have made abundant contributions to civilization throughout history in areas such as mathematics, astronomy, medicine, engineering, architecture, art, philosophy, music, literature, and (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A request for peace.

I want to thank you all for your support. I was truely surprised to find out how well "spotlighted" my article was! Well, as an update, the President hasn't responded, but he still hasn't bombed anyone either, so maybe it helped. -Alfred (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GKBx4v.AL2@lugnet.com... (...) Is it possible to find an 'independent' source of news? I guess independent could imply unbiased, as opposed to indepenent of anything else. But doesn't unbiased (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

(...) Ah ha! I have smoked out a daily Telegraph reader (most things are left wing to them)! ;-) Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Special Identification for Arab Americans?

(...) Ignorance is bliss. I said "can" not "is". (...) Even take their guns away? Scott A (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  just funny

Heh, a coworker wrote this on a whiteboard in the lab: # rm -f /bin/laden :) I just thought it's funny, but FUT set to debate, incase one flares up :) Dan (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Origins Debate

(...) Dave!: Here we come to the great defeater of your argument: The existence of Baseball is final and convincing proof that a Loving and Good God does in fact exist. I defy you to postulate any theoretical universe in which Baseball, in all its (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Origins Debate

|In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ian Warfield writes: | |>Let me restate my position this way: | |>The theory of evolution states that these organisms developed of their own |>accord, by means of spontaneous, large-scale genetic mutations in a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: War

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GKB7Hq.1wt@lugnet.com... (...) LOL Surely BBC=Left Wing Rag? regards lawrence (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact