 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 931
Re: A nice summer surprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:56:30 GMT

i believe it is the acid in your skin that does alot of the yellowing.

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in news:GGDF8A.2xL@lugnet.com:

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
This may be CDS (Compartment Dork Syndrome) but here goes...

My family has just returned from up north and they brought back...a
huge tub of LEGO®!!! Actually they had gotten it from an aunt who had
stored them for 7-8 years. Upon going through the collection of pieces,
I found quite a few that were yellowed and beaten up pretty bad.
However, after close examination it was revealed that all the crappy
bricks were...gasp...Tyco blocks! I was relieved, because it was the
LEGO® that had stood the test of time (mint condition). I had always
wanted to watch clone bricks melt and burn, but didn't want to spend my
precious money on these pieces of crap. Thanks to my aunt, I'm
4000-5000 pieces richer AND I get to torch the competition!

Does anyone have similar experiences to share with the LUGNET
community? -

  I can cite the pristine TYCO Superblocks in my collection dating from
  at
least the time of your bricks, while formerly white LEGO bricks from
the same period are a gentle shade of urine.  I think it's the luck of
the draw insofar as your yellowed vs. non-yellowed.  Alternatively,
perhaps the previous owner of the bricks liked the TYCO much more and
therefore used them much more heavily than the LEGO bricks.

     Dave!

--
Daniel Staudt <dstaudt@hotmail.com>
Lugnet NUT #872