 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 753
752  |  754
Subject:
MB in Australia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 09:30:26 GMT

Evening all,

Just a note for Australian MB devotees that TRU has increased the prices on
the Pro-builder range - sets under $30 have gone up by $5 and sets over $30
have gone up by $10.

This doesn't shift the value proposition appreciably...

Big W haven't increased prices, but they also haven't restocked after
Christmas, and are a bit coy about whether they will.

For those building castle walls, and warship and starship hulls, TRU
Parramatta is about the only place in Sydney to find battleships at the mo'
;-)  Interestingly, they're now in a smaller box, increasing the density to
aircraft carrier levels.  They must have figured out that a smaller box
means lower shipping costs....

No sight of the Whitehouse yet, and no response to my query of MB of over a
week ago on that subject :-\  Who do these guys think they are?  Lego?!  ;-)

Richard
Still baldly going...