 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 465
Re: The Great NYS Fair. . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:34:45 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Rudy writes:
It was wonderful last year!  The Lego castle building and all.
I was thinking to myself just a few minutes ago,"Well, lets see
if they are building another lego castle, maybe we can have our
general meeting there." I hop on over to
http://www.nysfair.org/state_fair/2000
to see when the building will be and, GASP!!!, half-way down the
page, AHHHHH!!!!

I have live here 4 years and I never knew that there was any Lego event at
the NYS fair...I went to that Toyful weekend and the only Lego bricks there
were the elements I brought to deliver to a Malaysian Star Wars fan who won
a few of my eBay auctions.

The Lego event at the fair happened last year.  No real publicity,
no good crowd, We built a castle, 9 ft high!!!, by 10 ft squared I
think. The Model designers (3) I was talking to gave me the job of
one of the turrets, beacuse I was older than the average 7 year old
crowd. (I'm 15)  It was a nice castle.  I got some nice pieces out
of the deal.  Before they build, the kids are supposed to be
instructed that "any brick you find that isn't a 2x4, you can keep,"
but, kids were coming and going so quickly (T.V. Attention spans)
that the model designers couldn't tell them this.  I, however, went
specifically for building the castle, and spent 3 1/2 hours building,
so they told me.  I got 4 black right handed airplane wings, 6 black
1x6 bricks, 10!!! dark grey knight's helmet and 4 dark grey burps.

-John (who thinks because of the degradation, The Clintons shouldn't go to the
NYS Fair) Rudy
http://www.cortland.edu/ace/ace2000/john

MEGA BLOKS® PARTY SPONSORED BY C&S COMPANIES. It’s 1,200 square feet of block
building under a tent, for kids of all ages. Featured are many of Mega Bloks®
new and innovative construction sets for 2000. And it is all hands-on for the
kids and parents, too.

Oh my!...how depressing...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  I feel like I'm sitting on a beach looking at the top
half of the new Statue of Liberty set, charred and melting.  I feel
betrayed.  I thought that the NYSF had risen sooo many levels when they
got lego, and then, bam, out like a discontinued theme.  Sniff.

Planet of the Apes is my general assessment of the NYS Fair...I have
generally been out of town or uilding during the fair.

                      John
                (one of the other 2)

-John "They blew it up, they finally blew it up!" Rudy
http://www.cortland.edu/ace/ace2000/john