 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 450
449  |  451
Subject:
My mom found set #450 for me! FOTD?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 15:02:17 GMT

To All,

    Well, several moons ago, I asked my mom, who happens to frequently visit
garage sales, to look for LEGO products. Unfortunately, she could never find
them until last week, when she gave me a set, #450 box. Unfortunately, most
of the parts were missing, but there are some interesting parts: (All were
heavily played with, BTW)

1) 2x2 Black Macaroni Brick
2) 2x2 White Macaroni Brick
3) 2x8 and 4x8 White BASIC Plates with square holes for stud receptors
4) 2x3 old style doors (red)
5) 1x6 Window part (2 shutters, 2 windows)
6) Old style red wheels, 4x4 I think

It had the Samsonite markings on it, as well as a price tag of 3.48, from
K-Mart, I believe. Ah well, at least I got something from the Samsonite
area!

The pause.com listing for it shows it to be 1971, and it does not have a
picture for it. Although the box is pretty beat up, I could snap a digital
picture of it, if Todd prefers. Also, the instructions link for it is wrong,
it is pointing to 450 Fork Lift.

If you have any info on this set, I would love to hear it! You can keep it
in general.

Also, she got me a Mega-Blocks bucket (For girls, I believe), complete with
pink and purple bricks. Since I am not to savvy on Art-Deco items, I don't
know what to do with it.

If you want to talk about the Mega-Blocks, feel free to continue in FUT->
off-topic.clone-brands.

Scott S.
--
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Want LEGO Parts at Great Prices? Visit The Sanburn Systems Company!