 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 438
437  |  439
Subject:
Blockmen on clearance at Toy Liquadators
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:33:31 GMT

On returning to a TL outlet after some months, I found all of the
BlockMen "Space Squad" set on %50 clearance.  I had got a few of the smaller
Blockmen sets when they first came out, and thought that the quality of the
pieces was very good, the figures sucked, and the price/piece ratio was not
good.  But now, at $9.99 (173 pcs.) the larger sets look liked a good value,
and I find I am pleased with the set, "D.E.S.T.R.U.C.T Space Lab" (#3882).
The design of course, is nothing, but the colors are attractive (metallic-
blue/white/dark-gray)and there are some nice special pieces, including a large
gray baseplate (32 x 44), an interestng pair of small white BURP's (easy to
paint, I think), some large (2 x 5 x 12) gray girders, and a missile
launcher.  There are many design problems with Blockmen pieces and sets, and
they have junky pieces that will probably just go in the trash, but I'll
probably go back for more.   If anyone cares I can post a more complete
description with an inventory, and provide some scans on request.

--james parkin