 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2839
2838  |  2840
Subject:
anyone know of this clone brand? battleships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:36:07 GMT

Hey all,

I just got this e-mail but don’t recognize the clone brand the guy is describing. Does anyone out there in o-t.clone-brands recognize this?

--

I was wondering if you could help me. I’ve searched all over the Internet (including ebay, vintage toy sites, DrToy, etc) and I haven’t come close to finding this, so I was hoping you might help!

When I was younger Santa got me a series of small lego-type battleships. One was a battleship, another was an aircraft carrier, another was some sort of amphibious thing. They weren’t Lego-brand (I hope you aren’t annoyed that I’m asking about non-Lego things. I love Legos too!), but they were the same size. They didn’t fit into other Legos, much to my chagrin.

The ships were pretty small--maybe almost a foot long. I’d very much like to track these down, I really enjoyed playing with them as a child. I now teach at a US navy base in Japan, and I’d love to have them in my classroom. My students would LOVE it!

Again, I hope I’m not bothering you too much by asking. I just figured you might have come across these at some point.

--

Thanks, Bruce