 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2631
Re: Two New MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 2005 03:29:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Avery Christy wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:
   WARNING: Outside of this disclaimer, this post contains no references to genitive or excretory organs, nor does it play on gradeschool color-games.

You have been warned

Here are two new offerings, this time rendered on non-purple backgrounds.

Here’s another new MOC continuing in the Police-themed vein I’ve pursued of late.

Feedback is appreciated, as always.

Dave!

FUT: OT.Clones

You know, this may be a little off, but when I see this MOCs I think of the fan film I.M.P.s: Davenport and the scene above the planet when two smuggler ships are hot on the getaway and there are these little police fighters on the chase firing their laser cannons with their sirens and red and blue flashing lights. That is what and where I can easily picture these little police ships.

I’m not familiar with that film, but it sounds cool. If I weren’t on a slothnet dialup connection, I’d give it a look.

   Anyway, I like these various little police cruisers: they are making me want to dust off the small handfull of megablock sets I purchased some years ago and give them a second chance. Plus, there have been some MB sets at TRU on discount for a long while now... I admit, I love the Dragons and have a considerable army for Brikwar games, but I have not yet pursued spaceships with the MB blocks. Perhaps to my detriment now that I see these clever, and spiffy ships.

I’m glad to hear that I may have rekindled your interest in the brand! Mega Bloks offers a ton of cool elements that let you do things that LEGO alone can’t. Lately I’ve worked on pure-MB MOCs, but I’d love to see stuff integrating the two brands.

   Keep up the building, and wouldn’t mind seeing a whole Space Police line in MB.

I plan to keep at them! I’d like to build a larget ship, maybe analogous to a SWAT truck, but I have a lot more experience with these single-seat designs.

I’m working to expand from Police-only to other municipal-type vehicles. There’s the taxi so far, and I have a few others in the planning stages.

Thanks very much for the feedback and the kind words!

Dave!