 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2423
2422  |  2424
Subject:
new nano
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 06:08:49 GMT

I saw new Megablocks Nano sets today; 4 new cars with extra engines & headlight
pieces to customize your car-apparently the bottom of the cars light up to
simulate neon under cars; AND a 300 piece 'build station'. the coolest thing was
the new nano figs-kinda large headed 'homies' style figs ('homies' as i have
seen are the little plastic figs in the 25/50cent macines at the front of
stores)  the Nano figs are way better & have ball jointed waist (to stand in
different poses or sit) & ball joited necks for different head positions.  Also
the figs feet are magnetized as the 300 piece set comes with a magnetized
skateboard, snowboard & 'stunt stick', also a round nano brick separator.  the
300 piece set is wicked cool with 2 figs, the boards & enuf different color
pieces to make several micro-nano (cannot fit new nanofigs) orange construction
vehicles, grey military vehicles (including a well done aircraft carrier-it
perfectly 'captures' the look of an aircraft carrier), & various colored animals
& other vehicles, including nano vehicles that appear to fit the nanofigs.  the
model that stood out to me was... a toilet!  that's right, i thought it was soo
cool to have such a mundane item like a toilet featured on the box i had to get
it!  oh, the 300 pioece set has a VERY cool electric/neon green plastic storage
box:  it has buttons that slow-release (air i guess) two doors to access the
storage tray.  the tray has an elevated round section for the figs & one door
has studs on the inside & the other door has the nano magnifying glass that
closes over the round fig 'hole'.  the instruction booklet just has the
insructions for 2 models; a micro-nano plane & a fig-fitting 4-wheeler.  BUT @
the end of the instruction booklet AND the inside flap of the paperboard box
(which i kept & rcommend keeping) has very good single pics of the other
creations (like the toilet) that are easily enough to make them by.  one other
model that struck me is a micro-nano (cannot fit a nano fig) blue F1 car; the
used little black 1x1x1 bricks at 45 degrees to the body of the car as wheels;
it actually lifts the car off the ground like wheels should, and at such small
scale, suceeds at looking like tires.  Very cool sets.  Oh, i also got a regular
MB (scale bricks) $10 fighter plane-looks like the F35 with opening missle doors
on the bottom.  the cockpit & nose are just 2 specialty pieces though :( but
still a cool looking set.

Jeff