 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2272
Re: Mega Bloks Star Trek Enterprise D Now in
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2004 22:56:41 GMT

   Well assuming the dimensions listed on Bill’s website are correct the Enterprise set is actually about two inches (about 100 meters) longer than correct scale with the USC Star Destroyer at 37 inches equaling 1600 meters. The Enterprise may prove a bit difficult to downsize to be in scale with the Star Destroyer when you account for the reduced width as well.

Couldn’t you just add two inches to the Star Destroyer? 8^)

Dave!

Actually, no you couldn’t. Using the 18 inches equals ~690 meters would require the Star Destroyer to be about 41 3/4 inches (instead of 37) to equal 1600 meters. That doesn’t even take into consideration the width and height adjustments. I think it would be easier to try and scale down the enterprise. I have half a mind to try building both ships in a considerably smaller scale say 1 stud to 50 meters but I don’t know if I will ever get around to that. Although this definately makes me want to try. I am curious to determine the scale when he releases instructions. I don’t know whether to be depressed or laugh at the fact that I can think about this stuff more than I actually have chances to build.

-Mike Petrucelli