 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2265
Re: If only we could all build our own Turtle Worlds...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:05:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Apparently MEGABLOKS isn’t the only brick-based construction toy to have secured a TMNT license. I know that Byggis had previously produced some Jurassic Park sets, but this is the first time I’ve seen the Turtles.

That may be the first time you’ve seen this set, but it’s pretty old, by the looks of things. It’s got the old Teenage Mutant HERO Turtle name that was created for the UK (where “ninja” was too negatively associated with “terrorism”), with the 80’s logo, and the 80’s character style. You’d think with how popular the Turtles were in the 80’s there’d be at least one prominent webpage covering stuff released outside of the US.

My first encounter with Byggis blocks was in 2000, and I never would have identified them without Tore Eriksson’s help. To date I still have very limited knowledge of the brand, so they could have a whole sewer full of TMNT (or TMHT, I guess) products of which I’m unaware...

Thanks for the input!

Dave!