 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2186
Re: Market for clone sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:36:48 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Glen Gower wrote:
I picked up a "grab bag" of Lego at a garage sale yesterday.  Most of it was
Lego, but there were a lot of 'clone' pieces as well -- each stamped with the
word "toy".  (Aside from some discolouration on the white pieces, these clones
are very good quality.)

Interesting!  Are the clone pieces LEGO-compatible, or are they slightly
off-size, like Tente?  I confess that I've never seen a brand stamped "toy," so
this is news to me.

Would it be possible to post a scan of one or several of the clone pieces?

Is there any market for these clone pieces?  I was thinking of selling the
pieces on ebay.

The market is fickle and variable, unfortunately.  Some items are commonly
available, while others are quite rare and accordingly more pricey.  Your best
bet might be to hunt around on Ebay to see if you can find other bricks from the
brand you describe, and you can judge the market yourself.

Dave!