 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2172
Re: new MB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 06:18:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
   I was in Brook’s drug store in Keene, NH 2nite & found 2 of 3 new $4 MB sets: a yellow space fighter, & a lime green dune buggy; they didn’t have the third set (shown on the back of the boxes), a red mini sub. Cool sets

Was this one of them?

http://www.freewebs.com/orrex/morecoolstuff.htm

This set is worth the price for the trans-yellow canopy alone, IMO.

Thanks for the heads-up. And you’re still a stinker for getting the A-10 set (which *still* hasn’t arrived in my area!)

Dave!

No, that came in a baggie at Toys ‘R’ Us with 2 other small vehicle sets I forgot to post about (apologies):

http://www.megabloks.com/eng/products/browse.php?subCat=9

(I’ve NEVER seen the red imagination bucket B4, but it looks SWEET!)

So there’s 6 new sets, the most recent being the small boxed sets:

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9150

I’m guessing these are supposed to be them, but the design has been changed for production: the 4x4 changed a little, the real star jet looks more delta-ish like the ‘Marz distribution site’ sub, but in yellow, and the sub is more pod-y. The real red mini sub in the box comes with a new (to me) cool trans neon yellow/green canopy that i think was used on one of the midnite blue MB mecha sets:

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9525

Oh, make that 9? sets; I also saw 3? new small boxed ‘extreme’ sets at the Claremont NH Brook’s store, where i got the little red sub today. One extreme set comes with a skateboard? (really big wheels) on a ramp, one with a regular skateboard on a ramp with the front of a car, and one with a red go-kart on a ramp. Sorry, couldn’t find any pix.

I still havn’t seen the new helicopter that came out with the A10, OR the small 2 legged blue mecha:

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9518

I’m also waiting to find the Indy car w/ carrier truck that I saw only once at TRU & could’t afford at the time, so I’m a stinker to me, too :)

http://www.marzdistribution.com/insideMarz/moreinfo.cfm?ID=MBLOKS-9744

Jeff