 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2062
Re: My first sighting of a 2004 set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:32:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   Maybe not news to some people, but I spotted this new Dragons set at my local TRU. It’s a bit pricey at $19.99, but it includes a “Krystal,” a two-headed Dragon, and 10 “Ghost Warriors.” The Dragon is dull silver, but the warriors (in standard Dragons line armor) are clear (trans-white, in LDraw terms). I’m not sure if the figures still work with the Dragons’ magnetic claws, but it seems unlikely...

Dave!

Dave,

I got this set a couple of weeks ago at TRU in New York and just haven’t had time for a post. Yes, the magnets work, and the dragon is kind of see thru. 5 of the knights are totaly clear, while 5 are silvery clear like the dragon. The set is kind of cool, but on the clear knights, the arms fall off too easily as part of the clutch strength comes from the paint. My big disapointment comes from the fact that the sheilds and wepons are not clear. Mega Bloks if you read this... A ghost knight should have a ghost weapon and sheild!

On another item, Khols has a new dragons set that inclueds the first 5 dragons and the first 30 knights. The last I looked they were selling for around $20. They had 2 other sets for the same price that were combos of the new sets.

Sunday I was at a Mijer store in Michigan, and they had new Power Ranger sets and a new army minifig set. I didn’t get any of these.

Paul