 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1982 (-5)
  new Mega Bloks

@ W*M in Claremont, NH, I saw a red indy car- slightly larger than minifig scale. It comes with a torso & head/helmet piece for the driver, & comes with a red race helmet keychain. it was in the same spot as the green & yellow dirt bikes & is about (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Promoblock

(...) Thanks for the link! Am I seeing these correctly? They appear to be Duplo-sized, which I guess would allow larger printing but is kind of a bummer for building in minifig scale. Any guesses on the brick-source? Judging from the stud height, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Promoblock

Found this clone while googling for real-life bricks. (I've graduated from Toys R Us to Home Depot.) These guys write your message in parts (up to 11 bricks) and package it as a promo item. (URL) is one of a staggering array of things they will (...) (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New "stone" brick sizes in Dragons sets.

Found the Fire Mountain set at Target today. On sale for 14.99. They also had Sea Dragon for the same price. George (21 years ago, 26-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Making Progress

One thing that's been plaguing me re: clone renderings is the lack of LDraw-rendered MEGABLOKS faces. For a while I'd resigned myself to using blank yellow heads on the MB figures, and more recently I'd begun including inlined POV-Ray code that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact