 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 192 (-5)
  Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

(...) I'm not against hosting imitation brand parts or libraries on ldraw.org, since LDraw's file format doesn't have any sort of LEGO-brand requirement. I'd *personally* be somewhat bothered to see non-LEGO stuff there, but I also think that it (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

(...) Oh, I know you do, now. But I don't think Todd does (or maybe I'm not reading him right) and I think he's got a fair chance of changing your mind. (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

(...) I see what you're saying, but I think you're misunderstanding excluding 'parts' for 'people.' This isn't intended to exclude individuals from the group at Lugnet or from using ldraw.org. Its to keep the Lego brand aspect of LDraw and Lugnet (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

(...) As of this point, I don't think ldraw.org should *host* clone parts packs, but it wouldn't do any harm to link to them off-site. IMASO the site should continue to promote Lego brand parts and editors which use the LDraw format, and not push (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

(...) You're making me hungry, Todd. :) Good analogy. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 If you don't believe in Gosh, you'll go to Heck, where you'll face eternal darnation. (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact