 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1767
1766  |  1768
Subject:
Fun Playmobil Illustrated Story Site - Just for Klicks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:24:24 GMT

Recently I was clued in to the existence of a really entertaining Playmobil fan site – Just for Klicks. The main attraction on this site is the illustrated story Snowy and the Castle Caulibut Caper. The presentation is comic-book style with word bubbles for the characters, etc.

The tale is set in London back in the swingin’ sixties and Chapter 1 - The Joint’s Really Jumpin’ - begins with a party at the pad of Snowy Lord – the handsome and highly talented top-earning photographer with an exciting playboy lifestyle (to quote from the Characters page on the site).

I was amazed at the sets that the folks behind this story have designed – the details are amazing like the miniature record albums that appear in the opening party scene. In Chapter 2, the action moves outside and the scenes are even more awe-inspiring. Looking at these pictures really made me realize the full creative potential of Playmobil toys – especially when some extra detailing is employed as is the case with this story.

But even beyond the pictures, the story itself is very amusing, being filled with all kinds of hip sixties slang and references. I can’t wait for future chapters.

Anyway, I thought some folks might get a similar kick out of checking this site out. It’s well worth the visit.

Enjoy!

Greg

P.S. I’m cross-posting this to the Animation group initially because I think this site is really great for showing how different storytelling sets and scenes can be staged and photographed. Just imagine how great this story would be animated.