 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1703
Re: Part Name Suggestion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:41:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tore Eriksson writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes:
This is a checkpoint barrier from the Hangar 18 set in the Alien Agency line.
The filename is c010113a.dat owing to its dimensions, but I'm stuck for a good
part name.

http://members.verizon.net/~drteeth1/images/c010113a.jpg

If I were looking for that part, I would look for the keyword "gate". So I
think you'd better have that word in the name.

"Gate checkpoint with yellow stripes" is not so bad I think.
Perhaps "Checkpoint gate with yellow stripes" is better.

   I think you're correct.  Generally I try to model my part names after the
LDraw naming standards, but this bit didn't quite fit.  It's sort of like
the "Train Level Crossing Gate" parts, but clone brands don't yet have any
real train elements, so the name seemed out of place.
  Thanks for your suggestion--"Checkpoint Gate with Yellow Stripes" it is!

    Dave!