 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1665
1664  |  1666
Subject:
Knock-off sets on Ebay, with various end-dates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:24:14 GMT

Not my auctions, and I won't be bidding:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3122448680&category=19015
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3122449858&category=19000
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3122450596&category=19000
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3122451495&category=1186
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3122446340&category=1186
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121031512&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121043261&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121043283&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121043304&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121043335&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121043361&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121241813&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121241843&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121241892&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121241992&category=19011
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121242002&category=19011

I offer these with caution, because they include quite a few of the parts
that likely caused the recent patent infringement lawsuits in China. Note
that the sellers are located in Hong Kong, so shipping/insurance may be a
bit more pricey.

Recently I snagged one like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3122447336&category=19000
and I have to say that it wasn't entirely awful.  Not bad plastic quality,
but the mold tolerances weren't great, so the bricks have quite a bit of
wiggle room.  Some of the parts are near-exact copies of LEGO parts, but
others, such as the body-shield and the small (like 1x4) banners are similar
but definitely different, so much so that they couldn't simply have been
molded from the original parts.  And the minifigs are different (and of
lesser quality) too.  Some cool chrome parts, though, for anyone addicited
to shiny things.

     Dave!