 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1553
Re: Part name suggestion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 21:12:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Tore Eriksson writes:

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/clones/names.jpg

"A" is an Oxford element and "B" is a Tyco element.

But what are they? I don't know, never seen them before.
Are they some generic technical looking gadgets or where are they used?

  I think they're just miscellaneous doodads.  The Oxford parts are used on
the top surface of the Tank (Set 15000) and look like some kind of winch or
something.  I thought I had scanned a picture of tank, but now I see that I
didn't.  One of the parts is semi-visible on the rear of the tank set in a
picture at an online dealer:

http://www.etamiya.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1750
(enlarging the picture helps, but not much)

  The Tyco parts are used as some kind of weapons, but for all I know they
could be anything.  Two are visible right behind the cockpit in this
rendering of an official model:
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/clones/5346.jpg

  I'm don't expect to come up with a technically accurate name, since I
don't know what they're supposed to be, but I'd be happy with a good,
descriptive name.

Thanks for looking!

     Dave!